Graduate School of Education and Psychology
Turnitin Instructions - TurnItIn is a software application that allows you to check your research papers and dissertations electronically against all Internet and digitized documents to ensure adequate quoting, paraphrasing, and referencing. The software is now available to all GSEP students through Courses powered by Sakai, so you can now independently check your documents and prevent plagiarism.
*Sign up for a free Grammarly account with your Pepperdine email!
- APA PowerPoint Tutorial
- APA Exercises
- MS Word 2010 and APA Format
- APA Formatting with MSWordMac 2011
- APA Levels of Heading
- APA Sixth Edition
- APA Sixth Edition Help
- University of Wisconsin-Madison APA Format
- How to Find the DOI
- ESL Grammar Resource Site (Rong Chang Lee, Ph.D) – provides extensive information on common areas of concern for ESL students, with a focus on grammar and style.
- Capital Community College Foundation ESL Grammar Quiz Site: a comprehensive collection of grammar quizzes aimed at identifying and remedying common grammar issues; each quiz represents a different area of focus.
The Dissertation Process:
- Dissertation Requirements
- Information about Dissertation Assumptions, Limitations, and Delimitations
- Dissertation Copyright Information
- Conceptualizing a Dissertation
- All But Dissertation (ABD) Resources
- Links to Dissertation Samples:
- Links to some good school-specific sites that provide additional guidelines for developing and formatting dissertations as well as links to text and Web resources for dissertation writers:
Writing and Mechanics:
- Bedford St. Martin’s RE:WRITING – contains information about writing style, citations and resources, as well as exercises and diagnostics.
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) – this is a good source for general writing resources as well as instructional materials. Contains an array of information ranging from ESL resources, to creative writing support and setting-specific writing guidelines.
- George Mason University’s Writing Center – a library of writing resource handouts available in a variety of formats.
- University of Toronto, Scarborough Writing Resource Page - contains helpful links to information about research, reading, and note-taking techniques.
- Writing Handouts:
Plagiarism and How to Avoid It: