New Employee Orientation (NEO) is designed to provide recent hires, such as yourself, an opportunity to get to know the culture and mission of the University, learn job processes specific to Pepperdine policy, as well as recognize professional expectations of all University faculty and staff. Plus, the food is free, you will meet other new staff, and you can ask us any questions you may have been pondering.
Who should attend?
All new regular and temporary employees should attend; temporary employees with work assignments of less than two weeks are invited, but not required, to attend orientation. Current employees may also re-attend at any time.
When is it?
New Employee Orientation is held one Monday each month from 9:30 a.m. (9:00 a.m. if paperwork is needed) to 4:00 p.m. on the Malibu campus. Upcoming NEO sessions are currently scheduled for:
- June 17, 2013
- July 15, 2013
- August 19, 2013
- September 19, 2013
- October 21, 2013
- November 18, 2013
- December 16, 2013
Space is limited, so please ensure you have reserved a seat by the Thursday prior to Orientation. Reservations can be made through Human Resources.
What does it cover?
The following topics are reviewed and/or discussed at length within New Employee Orientation:
- New Hire Paperwork, including verification of eligibility to work in the United States by completing the I-9 form (if not already complete)
- History, Culture, Mission of Pepperdine University
- Payroll and Time Keeping
- Expectations and Opportunities
- Luncheon with Human Resources Representatives
- Malibu Campus Tour
- Risk Management
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Wellness Opportunities
- Benefits and Enrollment Orientation (for benefited employees)
- Obtaining University ID Cards