Policies & Procedures
University Mission Statement
Pepperdine is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.
The following policies and procedures are designed to steward the University's mission and resources, build community, facilitate business operations, and comply with applicable laws. All faculty and staff are called to adhere to all policies and procedures.
University Policies and Procedures
- The Code of Ethics details the ethical expectations of members of the Pepperdine University community, including treatment of others, stewardship, and conflicts of interest.
- The University Policy Manual is to acquaint faculty and staff with Pepperdine employment policies, procedures, standards, and benefits. The Manual answers many common questions about employment at Pepperdine.
- Pepperdine has resources available to help victims of any form of sexual misconduct, and Title IX Coordinators are available to address questions or receive complaints concerning sexual misconduct.
- Pepperdine's sexual misconduct policy and resources can be found here.
- Facilities Services supports all University buildings, building systems, and grounds at the Malibu Campus. Policies and forms are available regarding facility maintenance requests, facility space and modification, and signage at the University.
- Finance policies and procedures are designed to help steward the University's monetary assets and cover topics such as operating budgets, reimbursements, payments, purchasing, credit cards, requisitions, and tax reporting.
- Information Technology policies, standards, and guidelines are designed to protect University information and cover topics such as computer/network responsible usage, information classification and protection, records management, passwords, and sharing.
- Parking and Traffic regulations are in place to provide a safe, efficient, and organized environment for drivers and pedestrians to share the road and parking resources throughout the campus.
- Alumni Park and athletics facilities area usage policies can be found here.
- State and federal information is available to all faculty and staff related to equal employment opportunities, discrimination, harassment, hate violence and civil rights, and a guide for complaints and respondents.
Academic Policies and Documents
- The Provost's website hosts a number of academic policies and documents including the tenure process, faculty research, courses and programs, and general University policies.