SecureConnect is a multi-factor authentication service, powered by DUO. SecureConnect adds security to Staff and Faculty accounts by using two factors - your password and a personal device - to confirm your identity. You may use Apple or Android smartphones or tablets as your device factors, with landline or mobile voice/text as backup factors.
Enroll in SecureConnect. Setup your account. Start using the Mobile App on your smartphone or tablet.
Change or remove your authentication devices. Change your default device, recover access after losing a device, and other options.
Read short, digestible tips on SecureConnect. Quick references to questions you might encounter when using SecureConnect.
Enjoy all of these perks when you enroll:
- Protect University data, personal payroll and benefit information, and private student information in case your password is phished or stolen.
- Extend your University password expiration to three years rather than one year for accounts not enrolled in SecureConnect.
- Flexible and quick to use with any smart device.
- Use phone numbers, text messages, or bypass codes as backup to a smartphone or tablet.
Who Should Use SecureConnect?
Staff and Faculty who meet one of the following criteria:
- You use the University VPN service or remoteaccess.pepperdine.edu.
- Use of these services will require SecureConnect enrollment starting October 30, 2017.
- On-campus location will automatically count as your second factor.
- You desire industry leading security for your Pepperdine account.
- You want to extend your password expiration from 365 days to 3 years.