Installing Trend Micro on Your Windows Computer
Before installing Trend Micro's OfficeScan program on your Windows computer, uninstall any existing antivirus software program. Also note that this product, which is free for Pepperdine students, faculty, and staff, only runs on Windows computers with Internet Explorer. Other antivirus software is available for Apple computers.
- If you are using Windows XP, skip to step 2. If you are using Windows Vista, go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts and click on "Turn User Account Control on or off." Then uncheck the box that says "Use User Account Control..." and click "OK." After that you will need to restart your computer and proceed with step 2.
- In the Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser (note: only IE works), navigate to:
- Do not enter a password, but if you are requested to install the Active X Control program (also called 'Atx-Enc Module' from Trend-Micro Inc), please click to allow the installation. This message will appear near the top of the IE window, under the toolbars.
- Next click on the link in the box:
- If asked to install 'WinNTChk Module' from Trend-Micro Inc, which is another part of the Active X Control program, click to allow that installation. This message will appear at the top of the IE window, under the toolbars.
- Now, click on the "Install Now" button to begin the installation of the Trend Micro antivirus program. Allow any other ActiveX controls to install.
- You will see an Internet Explorer Add-on Installer window pop up. It will ask, "Do you want to install this software?" Click the button next to "More options," and select "Always install software from Trend Micro, Inc." Then click "Install." Follow any other installation instructions.