Wireless Printing FAQ
Information Technology has made it more convenient to print on campus. Now you can
print documents to any computer lab at any campus. As long as you are connected to
the Pepperdine network, you can send your printing documents wirelessly from your
laptop or from your computer in your dorm. Below are frequently asked questions about
Back to GoPrint page
- Can I print from home off campus?
- Can I use my desktop to print to the computer labs?
- If I'm at the Malibu campus can I send a print job to a graduate campus?
- How long will my document sit in the printer?
- Can a deleted document be recovered?
- Can I use a Mac to print?
- Can I use Windows?
- What operating system do I need to use the printers?
- If I'm a guest at Pepperdine can I use print from my laptop?
- How do I add more money to my Pepperdine ID?
- How do I find my printing document on the release station?
- What is a release station?
- Where do I find the printer drivers?
- How many printers can I install on my computer or laptop?
- Who do I call if I have problems installing a Pepperdine network printer to my computer?
2. Can I use my desktop in my dorm to print to the computer labs?
Yes. Make sure you are connected to the Pepperdine network and install a Pepperdine network printer. Click here to view installation instructions for Mac or Windows.
3. If I'm at the Malibu campus can I send a print job to a graduate campus?
Yes, if you have the printer installed you can print to any campus when connected to Pepperdine's network but be aware the job will auto-delete after 4 hours.
4. How long will my document sit in the printer's release station?
Documents will sit in the release station for four hours from the time it is sent from your computer. After four hours the document will be deleted. Computer lab staff are not able to retrieve deleted documents.
6. Can I use a Mac to print?
Yes. Click here to view installation instructions for Macs.
7. Can I use Windows?
Yes. Click here to view installation instructions for Windows.
9. If I'm a guest at Pepperdine can I use print from my laptop?
No. Only students, faculty and staff are able to print wirelessly to campus computer labs.
However, you can use a computer in a computer lab or other general area to print but you will need to purchase a community user card if you do not already have one to release a print job.
10. How do I add more money to my Pepperdine ID?
Please visit webdeposit.pepperdine.edu to add money to your Pepperdine ID card.
11. How do I find my printing document on the release station?
Look for your computer name, if your computer name is not listed it may show up as your IP address. If you are unsure of your IP address when you click on an IP it will list the document name of the print job associated to that IP.
13. Where do I find the printer drivers?
Click here to install a printer to your computer
No. Wireless printers are prohibited at all campuses and student residences (Seaver and Drescher student residences and the Page Apartments) with wireless coverage.
Wireless printers interfere with the Pepperdine wireless signal. When discovered, these devices will be shut down. To learn more, click here.
Go Print Program - Print Wirelessly to Any Campus Computer Lab
Students can use the Go Print program allows students to print wirelessly to any campus computer lab. To get started now visit: http://community.pepperdine.edu/it/services/copyservices/labs.htm