ActiveSync comes with Windows mobile operated cell phones. To set up ActiveSync to send and receive Pepperdine email, follow these steps:
- From the cell phone's program menu, select "ActiveSync."
- Set the Exchange server to: "webmail1.pepperdine.edu."
- Check the box in front of “This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection.”
- Enter your Pepperdine NetworkID.
- Enter your NetworkID password.
- Employees: Enter "Pepperdine" as the domain. Students: Enter "Student" as the domain.
- Check all the boxes for "Contacts," "Calendar," "Email," and "Tasks."
- Press "Finish" when done.
ActiveSync is not supported by Pepperdine Information Technology. Please note that when the Pepperdine Outlook Exchange server is down, ActiveSync will not work and users will not be able to send and receive email until the server is up and operational again. Furthermore, from time to time for unknown reasons, ActiveSync may stop synchronizing with a user's Pepperdine Outlook account.
Try these troubleshooting tips to cure the problem:
- Switch off the PDA or smartphone for 30 seconds. Switch it back on to see if the problem has been resolved. It may be necessary to switch the cell phone off and on two or three times. If this does not resolve the problem, go to Step 2.
- Refer to the cell phone owner's manual or contact the cell phone's coverage provider for further technical assistance.