PLEASE NOTE: Blackberry service will be decommissioned by January 1, 2013.
BlackBerry Enterprise Service only allows BlackBerry users who are Pepperdine employees to access their Pepperdine email using the following steps.
- If needed, purchase a BlackBerry.
- Subscribe to a BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) plan through a cell phone provider or upgrade an existing BlackBerry plan to BES.
- Create a PeopleSoft requisition for .01 (one penny), using "0000000011 IT Business Services" as the recommended Pepperdine internal vendor, and mentioning "Blackberry Enterprise Server" in the requisition description. Be sure to include the name, phone extension, and email address of the BlackBerry owner.
- This service is being offered for Pepperdine business use; a monthly amount of $40 will be charged to the BlackBerry user's department upon signup.
- When Information Technology receives the requisition to be added as a subscriber to the Pepperdine BES, the BlackBerry owner will receive an email from the BES with an Enterprise Activation password.
- Perform an Enterprise Activation on the BlackBerry device using a Pepperdine email address and the supplied activation password.
Performing an Enterprise Activation on Your BlackBerry
- On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click "Enterprise Activation." Or, click "Options" > "Advanced Options" > "Enterprise Activation."
- Enter an email address and the Enterprise activation password. The password is set by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator.
Note: If the email address that is typed does not match the current email address for the BlackBerry smartphone; or if the BlackBerry smartphone was previously activated on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry smartphone user is prompted to erase the data on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the Menu key and click "Activate" to start the enterprise activation process. The BlackBerry smartphone will send an email to the request address and show the progress of the activation on the BlackBerry smartphone. To find out what is happening during the Enterprise Activation process, click here.
Troubleshooting information can be found at BlackBerry's support site: