The Pepperdine Secure Email Attachments system, also called Accellion, is available to all faculty, students, and staff who have an "@pepperdine.edu" email address to send large, secure email attachments.
The system provides two ways to send email attachments: a) using a web-based email client that is located at https://attachments.pepperdine.edu; and, b) by installing a Microsoft Outlook plug-in (this option is available only to faculty and staff). When using the Outlook plug-in, the process of sending attachments is identical to sending regular attachments.
When recipients receive the email message, the attachments are not inside the message but are listed as web links at the bottom of the message. Recipients can download a file to their computers by clicking the embedded hyperlink.
Pepperdine faculty, students, and staff can log into the system at https://attachments.pepperdine.edu using their full Pepperdine email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or NetworkID (e.g. jwave) and password. They will then be presented with this screen:
Best Practices and Use
- The system is tied to the Pepperdine email directory, so users can search for recipients by using the" To:" button.
- Use the "Choose File" button to upload multiple file attachments to the system.
- Use the "Folder/Large File Applet" to attach an entire folder of files.
- Up to 20GB of files may be attached to a single message.
- Send a copy to yourself.
- Receive email notification when a file is downloaded.
- Turn off log in/authentication. This allows group email or listserv users to download the attachments.
For support with email set up and troubleshooting, please call the Anytime Support Help Desk at (310) 506-4357 (HELP) or Toll free (USA): (866) 767-8623 (24 hours per day/7 days per week).