This page explains how to access Pepperdine email using a Blackberry mobile device.
- From the main BlackBerry menu, select the "Setup" folder.
- From within the "Setup" folder, select "Email Settings."
- Select "Email Setup."
- Select "Add an existing email account."
- Select "Other."
- Enter a Pepperdine email address.
- Enter an email address and password.
- Faculty and staff can either enter just their username or pepperdine\username.
- Students enter student\username.
- Click "Next."
- At this point it tries to configure the account automatically, which it cannot. This is normal. Now, select the "Re-enter email address and password" option. Re-enter the address and password, and click "Next."
- Now, select "I will provide the settings to add this email account" and click "Next."
There is a known issue for Exchange users with using the IMAP mail server with the Blackberry device which causes the user to receive multiple copies of email messages. Using the POP mail server will prevent this from happening but keep in mind that this will download messages off the server to the BlackBerry device.
- Now, enter the email server address (see General Settings) as well as the email login ID (see username notes above) and click "Next."
- The BlackBerry should now report that everything is configured correctly.
For support with email set up and troubleshooting, please call the Help Desk at (310) 506-4357 (HELP) or Toll free (USA): (866) 767-8623 (24 hours per day/7 days per week.)