BlackBerry Enterprise Service allows employee BlackBerry users to access their Pepperdine e-mail.
Sign up for Enterprise Service
- Purchase a BlackBerry device if you don't currently own one.
- Subscribe to a BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) plan through a cell phone provider or upgrade an existing BlackBerry plan to BES.
- Create a PeopleSoft requisition for .01 (one penny), using "0000000011 IT Business Services" as the recommended Pepperdine internal vendor, and mentioning "Blackberry Enterprise Server" in the requisition description. Be sure to include the name, phone extension, and e-mail address of the Blackberry owner. This service is being offered for Pepperdine business use; a monthly amount of $40 will be charged to your department upon signup.
- When Information Technology receives your requisition to be added as a subscriber to the Pepperdine BES, you'll receive an e-mail from the BES with an Enterprise Activation password.
- Perform an Enterprise Activation on your BlackBerry device using your primary Pepperdine e-mail address and the supplied activation password.
Enterprise Activation on Your BlackBerry
- On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click Enterprise Activation.
Or, Click Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation.
- Enter your e-mail address and enterprise activation password. The password is set by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator.
Note: If the e-mail address you typed does not match the current e-mail address for the BlackBerry; or if the BlackBerry was previously activated on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the user will be prompted to erase the data on the BlackBerry.
- Press the Menu key and click Activate to start the enterprise activation process. The BlackBerry smartphone will send an e-mail to the request address and show the progress of the activation on the BlackBerry smartphone. To find out what is happening during the Enterprise Activation process, click here.
Phone: (310) 506-4357 (HELP) or Toll free (USA): (866) 767-8623 (24 hours per day/7 days per week)