Configure Outlook Using MAPI
This page explains how to setup Outlook using the MAPI protocol.(What is MAPI? )
- Open "Outlook."
- Select the "Tools" menu, click "Account Settings."
- Click "New."
- Select "Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP" and click "Next."
- Check the box "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and
- Select "Microsoft Exchange" and click "Next."
- Enter "xmail.pepperdine.edu" for Microsoft Exchange server. Enter a Pepperdine username
as User name and click "Check Name" to verify existence of the name.
- When the verification is complete, click "More Settings."
Note: These two steps could occur in reverse order.
- Click on the "Security" tab and check the box next to "Encrypt data between Microsoft
Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server" if it is not already checked. Click
"OK" and then click "Next" on the "Exchange Server Settings" page and then click "Finish."
- If prompted to enable "Instant Search," chose wheher or not to do so at this time.
Check the box next to "Do not show this message again" before clicking "No."
NOTE: It is necessary to install Windows Desktop Search for Instant Search to work. This may impact Outlook's performance.
- If prompted to synchronize RSS Feeds select "No."