The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) supports and facilitates the research, education, and outreach missions of the University by supporting scholarship and creative activity. Charged with developing policies intended to promote a research culture on campus and establish operational processes related to sponsored projects, RSP provides the highest quality research administration at all stages of sponsored projects by facilitating responsible stewardship of funds and sound management practices. RSP serves an important dual function by delivering a high level of service to University faculty and staff in identifying funding opportunities, developing project ideas into proposals, and submitting complete and competitive proposals, as well as protecting the University's interests in matters relating to grant management and financial administration of a sponsored project award.
RSP supports University faculty and staff with a wide variety of pre-award and post-award transactions, including but not limited to:
• Identifying and pursuing new research initiatives and opportunities across the University;
• Locating potential public funding sources;
• Facilitating inter-University research partnerships;
• Disseminating information on availability and deadlines on external funding opportunities;
• Reviewing sponsor guidelines;
• Writing and editing proposals;
• Reviewing and preparing budgets;
• Guiding faculty and staff through the grant application process;
• Managing the proposal routing and approval process;
• Managing award agreement review, negotiation, and acceptance;
• Maintaining University award files and records;
• Assisting with financial reporting related to grants and cooperative agreements; and
• Developing and providing education and training programs related to proposal development, grants management, and research compliance.