- Students are only allowed to received credit for 1 Club Convo (maximum of 6 credits) per semester.
- Each Club Convo must meet at least 6 times throughout the semester for an hour each session.
- Maximum students allowed in each Club Convo is 10-12 students.
Club Convo Credit will be based on the following:
- Attended 4 or less sessions = 0 credits
- Attended 5 sessions = 5 credits
- Attended 6 or more sessions = 6 credits
Student-Led Club Convo
- Propose a Club Convo online on our "Club Convo Proposal Form" BEFORE FEBRUARY 1, 2013 at 5 p.m.
- If you have not led a Club Convo before, submit two letters of recommendation (touching on your faith and leadership ability) to Sarah.Jaggard@pepperdine.edu. One letter should be from a Pepperdine staff or faculty member. (Note: letters from undergraduate students do not count.)
- Send your meeting time availability to Donna.Brown@pepperdine.eduto schedule a 15-minute meeting with the director.
- Bring your curriculum/material with each session broken down into discussion, questions for dialogue, etc.
- You will be asked to sign a memo of understanding in this meeting.
- You will only be able to lead a Club Convo after being approved.
- Each group is discussion based, made up of no more than 12 students. Once an approved leader, you can choose to populate your own Club Convo group or the Convocation office can put it on our website to populate it for you.
- Each group meets for 6 sessions and a student must attend at least 5 sessions to receive any Convocation credit. The leader is responsible to maintain the roster of attendance and to give reflective feedback to the Convocation office regarding the development of students in the group.
- 4 sessions or less = 0 credits
- 5 sessions = 5 credits
- 6 sessions = 6 credits max
- Students only get Convocation credit for ONE Club Convo group per semester.
- Credits will be granted to attendees after the final session has occurred and the premade roster has been received by the Convocation office. All rosters are due by email to Sarah.Jaggard@pepperdine.edu by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 19, 2013.
- Maintain a log of your observations for each session (six total). Touch on how you observe the group developing and growing.
- Write a one-page reflection about your experience as a Club Convo leader.
- Ensure all attendees turn in their reflections and you get them to the Convocation office by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 19, 2013.
- Club Convos are entirely voluntary and should not be mandatory for anyone.
- NO make up sessions are offered for missing group sessions.
- Each Club Convo leader will receive 7 total credits (1 for leadership and energy in leading the group and 6 for each session).