Event Supervisor Job Description
Campus Recreation is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity and actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, and individuals from other underrepresented groups. Application and interview questions will be developed based on the information in this job description.
Additionally, Campus Recreation employees are expected to provide a safe, enjoyable, service-oriented environment for customers/participants at all times.
Definition and Purpose:
The Event Supervisor reports to the Coordinator of Intramural and Club Sports and ultimately to the Director of Campus Recreation. Serving as part of an Event Management team consisting of six (3-6) individuals, the group is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive event management service for all Campus Recreation related events; such as Intramural Sport Programs, special events, and Club Sport competitions. The Event Supervisor is responsible for field preparations, event set-ups, concurrent event management, and event take-down.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, and participate in the set-up, and take-down of intramural sports, club competitions, and special events programmed through Campus Recreation
- Serve as the onsite Event Supervisor for all intramural sports, club competitions, and special events programmed through Campus Recreation
- Co-Liaison with Public Safety, Emergency responders, facility staff, event organizers, and custodial staff to ensure effective and professional event management
- Track and record hours spent on each event
- Educate club members and club officers at meetings on expectations for club events
- Serve as inventory control for event management materials
- Prepare and survey facilities for play for Club Sports
- Respond to risk management/emergency situations
- Maintain files on each intramural sports event, special event or club competition
- Prepare all necessary site materials and venues for efficient, safe, and service oriented competitions
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings
- Complete and submit End-of-the-Semester reports in a timely manner and submit Incident/Injury report forms with appropriate documentation in timely manner
Preferred Work and Extra Curricular Experience:
- Experience working in a customer service-oriented environment
- Previous event management experience preferred
- Awareness of safety concerns and risk management, available through training
- Ability to provide positive customer service
- Awareness of, and appreciation for, individual uniqueness and diversity
- Commitment to student development, leadership and teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for participants
- Background involving club participation and/or advising is desirable
- Experience in administrative work, supervision, advising, and/or public relations is preferred
- First Aid and CPR certification will be required, training available
Must be a currently enrolled student at Pepperdine University in a minimum of 6 units. All Campus Recreation student staff must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 during employment. Graduate students must carry 4 units/3.0 GPA.
Period of Employment:
Employment with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause.
Compensation and hours:
Pay range – Base +0.75 per hour. Maximum 10-20 hours per week