Office Assistant Job Description
Campus Recreation is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity and actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, and individuals from other underrepresented groups. Application and interview questions will be developed based on the information in this job description.
Definition and Purpose
Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the Office Assistant is responsible for maintaining the office, taking program registration and performing office functions. This staff also serves as the primary source of information for walk-in and phone participants. This is a demanding, high-volume position with an emphasis on participant service and satisfaction. The Office Assistant also carries out numerous support functions for the Campus Recreation. Additionally, all Campus Recreation employees are expected to provide a safe, enjoyable, service-oriented environment for participants at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist program participants regularly, on the phone and in person, with all aspects of the Campus Recreation Program. Make referrals to appropriate areas as necessary. Be knowledgeable of all Campus Recreation and University programs.
- Responsible for the function and operation of the Campus Recreation office and Service Desk.
- Responsible for all cash handling functions including registration for all program areas.
- Verify user eligibility and provide data entry
- Responsible for data entry of Campus Recreation Program Registration Information and Forms
- Compile daily, weekly, and monthly user statistics.
- Provide general office assistance (word processing, filing, mailings, etc.).
- Complete daily assigned special projects including reports, phone calling, and others.
- Provide positive public relations, program promotion, and policy education to participants.
- Respond to, and follow, all emergency procedures.
- Attend all meetings, workshops and retreats for the overall planning of the Recreational Sports program.
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for staff and participants.
- Adhere to all Campus Recreation departmental policies and procedures.
Educational and Qualifying Experience:
- Previous general office or clerical experience
- Preferred experience: Recreational Sports background
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Awareness of and appreciation for individual uniqueness and diversity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Windows-based computer knowledge and skills
Must be a currently enrolled student at Pepperdine University. All Campus Recreation student staff must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 during employment.
First Aid and CPR certification will be required.
Period of Employment:
A minimum of one academic semester. Employment with this organization is of an "at will" nature, meaning the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge the Employee at any time with or without cause.
Compensation and hours:
Pay will be determined according to student classification. Maximum 20 hours per week.