Purpose and Goals
Since 1999, the Pepperdine Center for Faith and Learning (CFL) has been a primary catalyst for the mission-critical pursuit of integrating the university's commitment to Christian faith with its pursuit of academic excellence. As such, the Center for Faith and Learning pursues five primary goals:
- To actively promote the integration of faith and learning as a core component of the university's academic mission (eg. not simply as co-curricular).
- To equip faculty for this integration in their teaching, scholarship, and life. See our Faculty page for more information.
- To provide opportunities for students, staff, administration, and the broader Pepperdine community to explore the intersections of faith and learning. See our Calendar for more information.
- To foster explorations of vocation as outgrowths of the integration of faith and learning. See our Student page for more information.
- To collaborate with other departments and offices to contribute to Pepperdine's wider goals for spiritual life and formation (eg. Office of the Chaplain, Religion Division, Boone Center for the Family, Office of Church Relations). See our Spiritual Life website for more information.