Services for Student Groups
The Counseling Center offers a series of workshops related to academic and interpersonal issues. Workshops can be requested by students and designed for a specific group's needs. Workshops are developed to address student needs and concerns and usually last about 1- 1½ hours.
A sample of the topics we have presented on the past include:
- assertion training
- overcoming shyness
- family relationships
- alcohol awareness
- overcoming procrastination
- coping with depression
- eating concerns
- relaxation training
- dealing with roommate problems
- fear of success or fear of failure
- physical and mental well-being
If you are interested in a specific workshop for an organized student group or have an individual need for workshops, please follow the steps below:
- Download a copy of the Counseling Center Program Request Form
- Complete the form and return it to the Counseling Center.
- Within 48 hours, a member of the Counseling Center staff will contact you to discuss your programming requests.
Due to the large numbers of requests we receive, we need your help and are asking that you submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled program date. If you have any questions, please contact the Counseling Center at 310.506.4210.