Self-Help Tools: Interpersonal Skills Development
Each One of Us Has the Right to...
- Say no to a request.
- Not give other people reasons for every action we take.
- Stop others from making excessive demands on us.
- Ask other people to listen to our point of view when we speak to them.
- Ask other people to correct errors they made which effect us.
- Change our minds.
- Ask other people to compromise rather than get only what they want.
- Ask other people to do things for us.
- Persist in making a request if people won't respond the first time.
- Be alone if we wish.
- Maintain our dignity in relationships.
- Evaluate our own behaviors and not just listen to evaluations that others offer.
- Make mistakes and accept responsibility for them.
- Avoid manipulation by other people.
- Pick our own friends without consulting our parents, peers, or anyone else.
- Let other people know how we are feeling