- Click on the Travel and Expense Center in the Finance Center in WaveNet.
- Click on Create under Expense Report.
- Enter your CWID in the Empl. ID box.
- Click Add.
- A new Expense Report defaults to a blank report. You may change "A Blank Report" to
"An Existing Report" from the Quick Start menu.
- "A Blank Report" will allow you to enter in all information.
- "An Existing Report" will copy information from a previously submitted Expense Report. This information can be edited as needed.
- Fill out or edit all required fields marked with an asterisk.
- Note: You may choose how you will receive your reimbursement by selecting either Check or ACH from the Payment Type drop-down menu.
- Note: If you select ACH, the deposit will go into account #1 on the payroll direct deposit list.
- Number and combine all receipts into one pdf document using Adobe Acrobat Pro XI
- Attach your receipts by clicking the paperclip. This will open the Requisition Attachments
- Click Attach.
- Browse for the file you created in step 7 then click Upload.
- Name the attachment using no more than 25 letters.
- Click OK
- Fill out or edit the information for your first expense.
- Note: Fill out expenses in the same order as the attachment containing your receipts. If the receipts are not submitted in order, you will be asked to resubmit them in order.
- Click the *Details link on the right.
- Fill out or edit all required information on the Expense Detail page
- Note: The required fields will vary based on the Expense Type.
- Click on the Accounting Detail link
- Fill out or edit the chartfields. If you need help selecting your chartfields, contact your supervisor.
- Click OK
- Click "Check Expense for Errors". Any errors with this line will pop up in a box towards the top.
- If the line is free of errors, click "Return to Expense Report".
- To add another line repeat steps 9-16.
- When you are finished with your Expense Report you may click Submit to submit it for
approval or click Save For Later
Notes about Mileage
If you select Mileage as the Expense Type, the Amount Spent is greyed out. This will be automatically calculated when you enter the number of miles traveled on the Expense Details page.
You may enter each leg of your trip on its own line or you may consolidate up to seven entries on a Mileage Log. If you choose to fill out a Mileage Log you will enter the total number of reimbursable miles on the Expense Details page and the Mileage Log much be attached to the Expense Report.