Frequently Asked Questions
Credit Card FAQ
Click here for instructions on how to request a credit card.
Credit cards normally arrive in the middle of the month in which they expire.
- Call US Bank's customer service number to report the loss.
- If you are within the United States, the number is (800) 344-5696.
- If you are traveling internationally, call collect (701) 461-2010.
- Contact a Credit Card Analyst at extension x7534 or x4744 immediately to block further use of the card.
Cardholders will receive a replacement credit card from US Bank within five business days.
A temporary limit increase must be requested in writing by email. The email should include the following:
- Why the increase is being requested
- What should be increased (monthly or single transaction limit, or both)
- What your current limits are and the dollar amount of the requested increase
- Who the merchant is
- The date range of the increase
Temporary increases are required to have the approvals of the cardholder's supervisor, Major Area Budget Manager and the University Controller.
A completed and fully approved University Credit Card Application is required. The box marked "Update" should be selected and a reason for the permanent monthly or single transaction limit increase given. The increase must be in line with the available credit limits template.
Contact a Credit Card Analyst at extension x7534 or x4744. The analyst will order you a new credit card. It should arrive within five business days.
No. An employee may charge purchases only to a credit card bearing his or her name.
No. An updated Credit Card Application is required before the card can be used.
Call a Credit Card Analyst at extension x7534 or x4744 to cancel the card. Then shred the card.
Yes. Cardholders must document the full names of the recipients, their campus-wide IDs (Social Security Numbers of Non-employees), and the amounts of the cards, regardless of the dollar value. This information must be reported on the substantiation.
Note: All gift cards are considered taxable income to University employees, regardless of dollar amount. Employees will see a pay code on their next paycheck labeled "gift card" including the value of the gift card in their gross income.
An itemized invoice from the vendor is required for substantiation.
Once your substantiation report, including all receipts, has been fully approved by accounts payable, you may discard your receipts.
If you have any missing receipts, substantiate in the Credit Card Substantiation module as normal. Be sure to add a note in the "What" field stating: "(Note: missing receipt)." Replace the location of where the original receipt would have been organized in the receipt file with a word document listing the items purchased on the original receipt.
- Under $25 – no VP signature required
- Over $25 – once you have followed the missing receipt protocol, the substantiation will be submitted to your supervisor, who will then pass it on to Finance. Once Finance receives it, they will then forward it on to the VP for the required signature.
- Please copy and paste this link \\mal-prog\programs\Adobe Acrobat 11\Windows into Windows Explorer
- Click the .exe file to begin installation
- When prompted, enter the serial number: 1118-1979-9753-1990-2186-9994
- Copy this address: smb://mal-prog.pepperdine.edu/programs/adobe%20acrobat%2011/mac
- Paste into Safari (or in the Finder, open "Go" menu, choose "Connect to Server...", paste)
- Log-in with Pepperdine credentials
- Click the .dmg file to begin installation
When prompted, enter the serial number: 1118-0939-8032-9833-7746-6786
If having trouble, please call extension x7435 or the Help Desk at x4357.
Click here to view the Information Technology Training Calendar which lists the time and location for all training sessions.
Last Updated: 09/23/2015