How to Merge Files into One PDF
To learn the receipt organization process, you can either watch the video below or click here for the step-by-step tutorial.
No matter the format of your receipt, whether it be attached in an email or scanned in by your office scanner as a PDF, you will need to use a separate application to merge these multiple files into a single PDF. The application we use is Adobe Acrobat XI (Click here for directions on how to download Adobe Acrobat XI). This application features a new thumbnail preview that allows you to look at the files before you bring them together and to arrange files by simply dragging and dropping files into any particular order. Here is how to organize your receipts in order and create single PDF file. The Pepperdine Finance office requires the receipts to be in corresponding order with the transactions from your monthly statement.
- Open Adobe Acrobat XI. The menu that pops up asks you to select a task. Click "Combine Files into PDF."
- As it says on the next screen, you can add files using the dropdown, or drag and drop
them into the window. To add files from the dropdown menu, click "Add Files."
- Then choose the number of different files in different formats you wish to merge together.
- From the next window that opens up, you can drag and drop thumbnails to arrange the
receipts in corresponding order of the transactions from your monthly statement.
- If the receipt is in the body of an email, Adobe allows you to simply drag the email
message and drop it into the window to merge it with other files. The red arrow gives
you an illustration of how to do this.
- After all files are added and in corresponding order with the Statement Detail page,
click "Combine Files" and a single PDF file will be created.
Last Updated: 06/14/2013