All employee reimbursements must adhere to the University's Finance Policy Section 4.1 - Travel and Entertainment Policy. Refer to Mileage Rates for current mileage reimbursement rate.
Student Reimbursements $300 or less
Student Reimbursement requests are submitted to Cashier's Office on a Petty Cash Reimbursement Form.
Student Reimbursements over $300
Student Reimbursement requests are submitted online through PeopleSoft. Refer to Accounts Payable webpages.
Employee Reimbursements in PeopleSoft Travel & Expense Center
Employee Reimbursement requests are made with Expense Reports through the Travel and Expense Center in PeopleSoft Financials. It is the responsibility of the employee who incurred the expense to collect and organize the appropriate original receipts, and submit them along with a PeopleSoft Expense Report in a timely manner. Refer to Accounts Payable webpages.
Petty Cash Reimbursement
Petty Cash Reimbursement Forms may be submitted to the Cashier's Office with the following criteria:
- $300 maximum for Student reimbursements
- $100 maximum for Employee reimbursements
- Non-recurring expense (less than three times per month)
- Original receipts required (except for line items $25 or less)
- Signed by an authorized approver (may not be self-approved)
- Valid Chartfield string
- Travel and Entertainment expenses must be substantiated (i.e. parking, baggage, meals, snacks, food)
- Mileage reimbursement must be substantiated (Reimbursable mileage is only for mileage greater than normally driven between work location and principal residence.) Refer to Mileage Log for Employee Reimbursement form.
- Proper Student Pepperdine ID or Employee Pepperdine ID is required for the named individual or the authorized designate person receiving cash
- Expense must be within 120 days of original date or receipt, travel, or entertainment
Petty Cash reimbursements may not be processed for any of the following:
- Gift cards
- Telephone/Cell Phone/Internet Services
Department Petty Cash Fund Reimbursements
If your area has been issued a Department Petty Cash Fund, you may be reimbursed by submitting a completed Petty Cash Reimbursement Form to the Cash Custodian in your department. In addition to the Petty Cash Reimbursement requirements, mileage reimbursement may not be processed through a Department Petty Cash Fund.