MS in Applied Analytics
Program Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Ethics
- Students are able to recognize ethical dilemmas in business situations
- Students can select solutions when presented with ethical dilemmas and discuss the consequences of those solutions
Goal 2: Communication
- Students will be able to prepare and deliver a persuasive, professional speech on a current topic in their discipline.
- Students will be able to prepare a written report analyzing a business problem.
- Students will be able to create effective visualizations of complex data and analyses.
Goal 3: Analytics
- Students apply the appropriate portfolio of methods and techniques for collecting, storing, and transforming structured and unstructured, quantitative and qualitative data
- Students use appropriate contemporary "best of breed" software tools for manipulating and analyzing structured and unstructured, quantitative and qualitative data (e.g. Hadoop, SAS Enterprise Miner, R, Tableau)
- Students employ evidenced-based decision making to a variety of business functions, operational problems, and competitive or strategic intelligence
The assessment portfolio linked below contains the program's curriculum maps, rubrics, and other important assessment documents. The folder serves as a central location where program committee members can visit to keep track of assessment-related items and tasks.