The Writing Center provides face-to-face and online consulting with Seaver undergraduate students, who are trained writing consultants. They will help you develop ideas to generate a cohesive paper, highlight areas requiring clarity or suggest edits to refine a final draft.
Step 1: Using your Pepperdine email, submit your paper to email@example.com and include information about your paper that would be helpful for the writing consultant to know (e.g. assignment requirement, paragraphs you'd like to focus on). Please indicate if you'd like to schedule a synchronous virtual meeting using Google Hangouts and provide a few days and times you are available.
Step 2: The writing consultant will convert your paper to a Google Doc and share the file with you so both of you can review and edit the paper. Please allow 3-4 days for your paper to be reviewed.
Step 3: The consultant will let you know when your paper has been reviewed and confirm a virtual meeting time, if it has been requested. Prior to the virtual meeting, please review the meeting guidelines.
- ESL Grammar Resource Site (Rong Chang Lee, Ph.D.)- provides extensive information on common areas of concern for ESL students, with a focus on grammar and style.
- Capital Community College Foundation ESL Grammar Quiz Site- a comprehensive collection of grammar quizzes aimed at identifying and remedying common grammar issues; each quiz represents a different area of focus.
Special thanks to the GSEP Writing Center for sharing their resources with our students.
Grammarly is an online grammar and spelling checker that improves communication by helping users find and correct writing mistakes. It's easy to use:
- Copy and paste any English text into Grammarly's online text editor or install Grammarly's free browser extension for Chrome and Safari.
- Grammarly's algorithms flag potential issues in the text and suggest context-specific corrections for grammar, spelling, and vocabulary. An explanation is provided for each correction, so you can make an informed decision about whether, and how, to correct an issue.
For new students who started in this current term, you received an email from Grammarly EDU with a link to activate your account. For continuing students who haven't activated your account, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Go to grammarly.com/enterprise/
2. Provide your name, @pepperdine.edu email, and password: BidWnzCjqqzMxZNq.
3. Check your Pepperdine inbox for an email from Grammarly and click on the activation link.
4. Apply the access code BidWnzCjqqzMxZNq
If you have questions regarding the tools available within Grammarly, please refer to the instructional guide.
For technical assistance, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a ticket directly from the editor feature with Grammarly.