Faculty COVID Testing
Pepperdine University shifted from required to optional weekly COVID-19 testing on Monday, March 21, 2022. Optional testing will remain available for all members of the University community until further notice. Those who need or desire to continue testing on a weekly basis are encouraged to do so by walking up to any of the test sites below:
Firestone Fieldhouse Lot - Monday–Friday: 7 AM–Noon
Mullin Town Square - Monday–Friday: Noon–6 PM
West Los Angeles - Monday–Thursday: Noon–7 PM and Saturday: 10 AM–2 PM
Calabasas - Monday–Thursday: Noon–6 PM and Saturday: 10 AM–2 PM
Irvine - Monday–Thursday: Noon–7 PM and Saturday: 10 AM–2 PM
Faculty Testing Positive for COVID (On-Campus Testing)
If you have a positive test result within the past 90 days that is from a source other than Pepperdine's weekly screening testing program (Swabseq UCLA) and which has not been reported to the University, please report this by completing the following linked START Form.
As soon as you get a positive test result, you must isolate yourself, regardless of vaccination status (refrain from going to campus or class, or otherwise interacting with other people).
- The University’s contact tracing team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
- If you are faculty or staff, isolate at your home, and notify your supervisor.
Additionally, if someone needs to report that they filled out the START form but still had an issue (or report any other issue related to the testing process), they should contact the COVID line at (310) 506-8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
START Form for Self-Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases and Exposures (Off-Campus Testing)
Faculty should use this START Form to:
- Report a positive COVID-19 test result taken anywhere other than at the Student Health Center or a Pepperdine screening test site. Do NOT use this form to report positive cases identified through a Pepperdine weekly screening test through UCLA/SwabSeq or a test through the Student Health Center (these positive cases have already been documented University officials).
- Self-identify as a close contact if exposed to a COVID-19 case and if not yet contacted by University contact tracers. (Remember, close contact is defined as being within six feet of a positive case for 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period.)
EXIT Form for Release from Quarantine and Isolation
When you qualify to end your quarantine or isolation period, you should complete the EXIT Form. This communicates to the University you have met the qualifications to exit and are leaving isolation or quarantine. If you have any questions about completing this form, please contact the COVID-19 Information Line at 310.506.8111 or email@example.com.
Reimbursements for COVID Testing
International Class Sessions:
- Faculty and staff who were required to pay for a COVID test to enter and exit a foreign country can submit these expenses for reimbursement with proper receipts.
Domestic Class Sessions:
- Faculty and staff attending a domestic class session should use the University's routine testing protocol, which is free to employees and students.
- Faculty and staff who choose to pay for a COVID test for domestic class sessions may NOT submit these expenses for reimbursement.