Student Wellness Advisory Board
SWAB stands for Student Wellness Advisory Board. The purpose of the Student Wellness Advisory Board is to promote student participation in overall wellness on campus. In addition, SWAB serves Pepperdine University in the following ways:
Wellness Advocates on Campus
- Promotes awareness of the Student Health Center, the Counseling Center, Title IX and the services provided by each.
- Lobbies for the Student Health Center, the Counseling Center, Title IX and their policies on campus
Advisors to the Student Health Center, the Counseling Center, and Title IX
- Advises on Health Center, Counseling Center, and Title IX policy, services, and budgetary spending
- Monitors student feedback related to each of these departments
The goal of SWAB is to seek diverse student representation, to serve as an important liaison between the Student Health Center, the Counseling Center, Title IX, and the student body, and to assist in promoting the general health and well-being of Pepperdine students by facilitating, publicizing, and improving wellness on campus.
Membership in the Student Wellness Advisory Board is open to any Pepperdine student who is interested in health and wellness on campus.
All members are encouraged to attend all meetings.
For students who want to be active but cannot attend all general meetings, it will be their responsibility to contact the president for updates.
- Recommend changes in all wellness services' programs of service, based on the best interest of the student body
- Serve as liaison between the student body and the wellness departments to promote overall wellness and good health throughout the Pepperdine community
- Act as a mechanism for which students can present their evaluations and grievances regarding the Student Health Center, the Counseling Center, or Title IX
Students interested in joining SWAB, please email club advisor Rebecca Roldan at email@example.com or Allie McIntosh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to proceed.
Minimum GPA of 2.5