Student Wellness Advisory Board
- Who are we?
- Interested in Becoming a S.W.A.B. Member?
- Questions, Comments, or Requests?
SWAB stands for Student Wellness Advisory Board. The purpose of the Student Wellness Advisory Board is to promote student participation in health care on campus. In addition, SWAB serves Pepperdine University in the following ways:
Health Center Advocates on Campus
- Promotes awareness of the Student Health Center and its capabilities
- Lobbies for the Student Health Center or health policies on campus
Advisors to the Student Health Center
- Advisors on Health Center policy, services and budgetary spending
- Monitor student feedback related to the Student Health Center
The goal of SWAB is to seek diverse student representation to serve as an important liason between the Student Health Center (SHC) and the student body and assist in promoting the general health and well being of the Pepperdine students including facilitating, publicizing, and improving the SHC.
Membership in the Student Wellness Advisory Board is open to any Pepperdine student who is interested in health and wellness on campus.
All members are encouraged to attend all meetings.
For students who want to be active but cannot attend all general meetings, it will be their responsibility to contact the president for updates.
- Recommend changes in the SHC program of services, based on the best interest of the student body
- Serve as liaison between the student body and the SHC to promote good health throughout the University community
- act as a mechanism for which students can present their evaluations and grievances to regarding the SHC
Applications will be available by request by calling (310) 506-4316 opt. 3.
Minimum GPA of 2.5
Please call the Student Health Center at (310) 506-4316 opt. 3.
Across from the Seaver Apartments, in Rho parking lot at the Student Health Center. Viewable on the Malibu campus map, see #49 (C3).