- What We Offer
- Who is Eligible
- How to Make an Appointment
- Other Travel Health Facilities
- Travel Medicine and Travel Related Web Sites
- Health Insurance
- Patient Rights
- An individualized, Pre-Travel Consultation to identify your health risks for this trip. This may include, but is not limited to: immunizations, altitude sickness, water/food precautions, traveler's diarrhea, Malaria prevention, STI prevention, infectious diseases, and first aid/travel medicine supplies. Your vaccination record will be reviewed during the consultation. This is also the time to address concerns regarding medical issues and personal questions you may have concerning travel.
- A computer printout of the latest travel health information. It includes recommended and required immunizations for the country or countries to which you will be traveling.
- All travel and routine immunizations (except for Rabies). Please call (310) 506-4316 opt. 3 for costs of required and suggested immunizations.
- Prescriptions for malaria prophylaxis and traveler's diarrhea treatment.
Pepperdine University students. Staff/Faculty, and family members interested in this program should call Human Resources at ext. 4190.
Pepperdine's Travel Medicine program is by appointment only.
The Student Health Center strongly recommends that the initial travel consultation be set up well in advance of the departure date. Often travel vaccinations require 6 weeks to several months to provide adequate protection.
We recommend that you book your appointment for the travel consultation when you book the tickets for your trip. For an appointment, please call (310) 506-4316 opt. 3.
Please be ready to provide the following information: departure date, specific itinerary, chronic medical conditions, and vaccination history.
NOTE: If you will be traveling through International Programs, please fill out required forms prior to the visit.
If you are unable to be seen at the Pepperdine Travel Health Clinic or would like to be seen elsewhere, check with your private doctor or you may try the following travel health providers. The following is a partial list of available resources located near Malibu. Cost of services and time availability need to be discussed with the individual practitioner.
(Note: Pepperdine University does not officially endorse these providers.)
Terri L. Rock, MD
Travel Medicine and Immunization Center
1260 15th St., Ste 917
Santa Monica, CA 90404
John A. Horton, MD
Edward S. Hanzelik MD
Christina Jones, MD
World Travelers Health Care - A medical group
Wheatshore Medical Plaza
1240 Westlake Blvd., Suite 231
Click on the following sites for more information.
(Note: Pepperdine University does not officially endorse these resources.)
Centers for Disease Control - Traveler's Health
Bureau of Consular Affairs
(travel warnings, passport information, list of doctors/hospitals abroad)
World Health Organization
Association for Safe International Road Travel
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
International Society of Travel Medicine
Wilderness Medical Society
Whether you are traveling out of state or out of the country, it is important to understand your health insurance policy. Travelers may need to purchase additional traveler's insurance from companies designed to meet these needs. Be sure to ask if medical evacuation is provided.
If you have any questions regarding the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), please call the University's insurance broker, Wells Fargo Insurance Services, at (800) 853-5899. You may also access information online by clicking the link Wells Fargo Insurance Services.