Summer RA Staff 2017
The HRL Summer RA position is a great opportunity for a student living in Malibu over the summer. Students hired for these positions will gain leadership experience while working on a team. This position focuses on community building, program planning, central office work, and nightly duty coverage.
The primary role of the HRL Summer RA is to facilitate a positive campus living environment for students taking summer classes while also supporting the organizational tasks of HRL. The Summer RA will create programming, make connections in the community with summer students, and serve on the duty rotation (7 PM to 8 AM Sunday to Friday, and 7 PM to 7 PM Friday to Sunday).
If you would like to apply, carefully read all the information below:
Check-ins and Check-outs
Summer RAs will conduct ALL check-ins and check-outs (weekend hours are MANDATORY):
Session 1 Check-ins: Sunday, May 7, 1 to 5 PM
Session 1 Check-outs: Saturday, June 3, 9AM
Session 2 Check-ins: Sunday, June 4, 1 to 5 PM
Session 2 Check-outs: Saturday, July 1, 9 AM
Session 3 Check-ins: Sunday, July 2, 1 to 5 PM
Session 3 Check-outs: Saturday, July 29, 9 AM
All Summer RAs (unless approved as an interim RA) must be out by 5 PM, Saturday, July 29, 2017
HRL Summer RA will receive a scholarship equal to the cost of their housing for the summer sessions they serve (must be double occupancy, as HRL only covers the $105 room rate).
HRL Summer RAs will also receive a Waves 560 summer meal plan each session worked.
Eligibility to be in the position of HRL Summer RA is based on, but not limited to, the requirements listed below:
- Participate in the entire Summer RA training during the week of Bible Lectures in May
- Be enrolled in at least one unit of Seaver units each term they work
- Staff is not to take more than two classes or have more than 15 hours of obligations outside of the HRL position (this includes jobs/internships/etc.)
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and status as a student throughout the duration of the leadership experience
- Live in the room/apartment designated by HRL as most advantageous to the duties of the role (this will be a double room as HRL only covers the $105 room charge each session, and the reason Summer RAs must be enrolled in Seaver units
- HRL Summer RA is not eligible to continue in the role if placed on any type of disciplinary probation, academic probation, or not enrolled in Seaver units
- If removed from the role, the Summer RA may need to vacate their housing assignment; their roommates may need to relocate also (the removed RA will be required to pay any fees on the student account if removed)
- Preference will be given to students who can serve for all three summer sessions
Tasks and Expectations
- Be mindful of the position of leadership held among peers
- The HRL Summer RA should consider his or her impact on the moral and spiritual development of other students by evidencing good character and professional integrity, attending class regularly, and upholding all community standards
- Adhere to regulations regarding the safety of the community, including fire codes, safety regulations, and the terms of the Master Key Agreement (signed when issued the appropriate master access)
- Inform residents of the community standards, procedures, services, and events of HRL and other university offices
- Fulfill on-duty coverage responsibilities by demonstrating availability, responding to resident concerns and needs, identifying any facilities issues, and interacting with residents
- The HRL Summer RA on duty will be available to students from 7 PM to 8 AM, Sunday through Friday, and 7 PM to 7 PM, Friday through Sunday
- HRL Summer RAs are responsible to be on duty in a rotating schedule with the rest of the staff group
- Mediate roommate conflicts with help of the Summer RD(s) and ACUHO-I interns
- Communicate with the Housing Office on a regular basis and submit all paperwork on time
- Report facility issues and/or concern.
- Participate in a one-hour staff meeting once a week
- Plan one to two programs per summer session for the living areas in conjunction with the HRL staff
- Additionally support the activities and programs promoted by departments within Student Affairs and academics (particularly "Board" events)
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the professional HRL staff
Please apply by 5 PM on Monday, April 10, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com