The Housing and Residence Life (HRL) Office refers students to our colleagues at the Office of Student Accessibility if they have a documented medical or psychological condition or a recognized disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Students with disabilities or chronic medical conditions that require special facilities and/or accommodations must complete the following items:
- Sign up for housing and submit an online housing contract prior to the posted deadline.
- Meet all posted deadlines (listed below) to apply for housing, and provide documentation for a housing accommodation for medical needs through the Office of Student Accessibility. Information regarding documentation or other services provided by the Office of Student Accessibility can be found on their website.
- Once an accommodation is requested from the Office of Student Accessibility, students must notify HRL via e-mail (email@example.com) to inform us that an accommodation is pending approval.
Once we receive notification of approval from the Office of Student Accessibility, HRL will review the accommodation. Although most accommodations can be met by HRL, an approved accommodation does not guarantee campus housing. Our ability to accommodate requests received after the deadline will be based on availability.
If you are granted an accommodation from the Office of Student Accessibility, you will need to resubmit your request to both the Office of Student Accessibility and HRL before each academic year you plan to live on campus.
Standard room and board charges will apply.
Please contact the Office of Student Accessibility (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the following deadlines:
- Fall admits: June 1
- Spring admits: December 1
- Fall returners: March 1
Renewals for currently approved housing accommodations and returning students with new requests must be submitted to the Office of Student Accessibility
- Spring returners: November 1
Students returning from study abroad programs and students returning from fall temporary withdrawals