Apply for HRL
Academic Year 2017-2018 Staff
Student leader applications for 2017-2018 RA/SLA positions are now closed.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Check with your financial assistance advisor and determine the impact the RA or SLA scholarship may have on your aid package
- Select references, tell them about the position you are applying for, and confirm that they are willing to serve as your reference
- Submit the online application with recommendations by the application deadline
- Participate in interviews
- Must be available for HRL formation and training (two weeks before classes start in August and a few days before classes start in January)
Many students' financial aid may be affected by the RA/SLA compensation package.
Please check with the Financial Aid Office about your individual situation.
- RAs in the freshmen halls, sophomore halls (Theme House/Greek Row), or Towers will receive a RA room and meal plan scholarship
- RAs in the apartments (Lovernich, Drescher, or George Page) will be expected to work less than freshmen and sophomore hall RAs and will receive an RA room scholarship equal to half the RA room rate in the apartments (RAs in the apartments do not receive a meal plan)
- SLAs in the freshmen halls, sophomore halls (Theme House/Greek Row), or Towers will receive a room scholarship for their SLA room.
- SLAs are required to purchase a meal plan B as part of the job requirement
- Apartments do not have SLAs
Mandatory RD Led Information Sessions (attendance will be taken)*
Location: PC 190
- Tuesday, November - 7:30 to 8:15 PM
- Wednesday, November 2 - 11:00 to 11:45 AM
- Wednesday, November 2 - 8:00 to 8:45 PM
Applications open on Friday, November 4, at 5 PM
The student leader application is now closed.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 16, at 5 PM
- Pepperdine faculty/staff character reference
- Pepperdine faculty/staff spiritual reference*
- Current or previous RA/SLA reference
*Spiritual references from members of the Pepperdine community are preferred. References from current mentors outside our community will be accepted.
- Round 1: Submit online application and recommendations
- Round 2: Group interview process*
- Round 3: Personal interview with resident directors*
- Round 4: Offers made (by March, before housing signups)
*We will coordinate with International Programs student applicants to conduct info sessions, group interviews, and online personal interviews