New Employee Orientation
New Employee Orientation (NEO) is designed to provide new members of the Pepperdine community the opportunity to become familiar with the culture and mission of the University, learn job processes specific to Pepperdine policy, as well as recognize professional expectations of all University faculty and staff. It is a great opportunity to meet other new employees, as well as Human Resources representatives, and ask any questions your may have.
Who should attend?
All new regular and temporary employees should attend; temporary employees with work assignments of less than two weeks are invited, but not required, to attend orientation. Current employees may also re-attend at any time.
When is it?
New Employee Orientation is held one Monday each month from 9:30 a.m. (9:00 a.m. if paperwork is needed) to 4:00 p.m. on the Malibu campus. New employees will be notified of the next orientation and will be automatically signed up to attend.
What does it cover?
The following topics are reviewed at New Employee Orientation:
- New Hire Paperwork, including verification of eligibility to work in the United States by completing the I-9 form (if not already complete)
- History, Culture, Mission of Pepperdine University
- Payroll and Time Keeping
- Expectations and Opportunities
- Luncheon with Human Resources Representatives
- Malibu Campus Tour
- Risk Management
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Wellness Opportunities
- Benefits and Enrollment Orientation (for benefited employees)
- Obtaining University ID Cards