About the Session
Human Resources facilitated an important compliance discussion that helped managers and supervisors understand basic legal requirements of employment including:
- Day-to-Day Supervisor Issues
- California Wage and Hour Rules
- Keeping Proper Time Records
- Immigration and I-9 Work Authorization Requirements
The following questions regarding the classification of employees were also answered:
- When can an employee be classified exempt (monthly) instead of non-exempt (hourly)?
- When is it appropriate to hire a consultant or independent contractor?
- When is it acceptable to utilize the service of a volunteer?
Resources and Materials
Video on iTunes U
Please visit Pepperdine University's iTunes U page to view the video of the Summer 2011 training session.
- Use University login information to sign-in to the University Access tab.
- From the University's iTunes U home page, click on the People and Events section.
- Then click the Faculty and Staff Events section.
- Click on the Employment Toolkit file to view the video.