About the Session
Human Resources facilitated an important compliance discussion that helped managers and supervisors understand basic legal requirements of employment including:
- Day-to-Day Supervisor Issues
- California Wage and Hour Rules
- Keeping Proper Time Records
- Immigration and I-9 Work Authorization Requirements
The following questions regarding the classification of employees were also answered:
- When can an employee be classified exempt (monthly) instead of non-exempt (hourly)?
- When is it appropriate to hire a consultant or independent contractor?
- When is it acceptable to utilize the service of a volunteer?