In 2015, Pepperdine selected Eventbrite as the University's event management tool. Eventbrite provides event creators with a solution to register attendees, build events from templates, and collect event data and reports. By automating the event management processes, Pepperdine faculty and staff can focus on strategic decisions rather than on repetitive, time-consuming tasks with manual registration.
In order to access Pepperdine's Eventbrite account, you are required to fill out the Eventbrite Access Application form.
Upon completing the Eventbrite Access Application form, Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) will add you as a sub-user to Pepperdine's Eventbrite account. You must not already have an account registered to your Pepperdine email address. You will receive a "Welcome to the Club" email with instructions on how to set your password. Your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) is your username.
There are three user templates (one-column, two-column and modern) available to each school. These templates will be assigned to event creators (relevant to associated school) and will be used to build your events. All templates were created and approved by IMC per University brand standards. Any intentional edits to the standard templates without prior approval will result in termination of you Eventbrite access.
The steps below must be completed prior to events going live within Eventbrite.
- To create an event, copy an existing Eventbrite "user template" located in Drafts
to create a new event. Do not make it live yet; keep it in Draft mode.
- Do not use the big button CREATE EVENT at top right.
- Do not edit the template.
- Do not copy old events.
- Do not edit the Organizer Profile.
- Complete the Event Planner Notification form.
- IMC will add any other Eventbrite users to the event.
- Major Budget Managers and/or Finance will approve the chartfield string for any paid events.
- IMC will add the event to Raiser's Edge, if applicable.
- IMC will create the approved Pepperdine branded impact image (if using the modern template) and upload it to your event.
- (If paid event) Ensure that you have received approval from your Major Budget Manager or from Finance regarding the chartfield string for the event.
- Switch the event from Draft to Live in Eventbrite.
All Eventbrite planners or supervisors must check-in attendees by marking the appropriate attendee status within seven days of the event date to ensure that the University accurately reports event engagement and to better project future event participation.
- In Eventbrite:
- The event planner must check-in attendees within seven days of the event date. Be
sure to include walk-ins.
- For check-in you can use Eventbrite's mobile app for iOS and Android devices, print a check-in sheet, use a laptop, or create name badges.
- Please mark the appropriate attendee status. There are three attendee statuses within
- Attending (those you have registered)
- Attended (those present/check-in at the event)
- Not Attending (those who need refunds or those who've canceled.
- The event planner must check-in attendees within seven days of the event date. Be sure to include walk-ins.
- For Raiser's Edge:
- Advancement Services will export participant data from Eventbrite and add it to the event record in Raiser's Edge
- Advancement Services will email the event planner(s) and event supervisor(s) when the participant data is ready to be reviewed.
- The event planner or the attendee event supervisor must review event participants to identify matched and unmatched attendees to constituent records in Raiser's Edge.
- If attendees are not checked-in, Eventbrite and Raiser's Edge will indicate all participants as registered/attending and no participants as attended.
There are multiple ways to manage check-in during your event. Please review Eventbrite's webpages listed below for step by step instructions.
Support and Training
Please visit Eventbrite's Help Center for an easy resource to find information on how to use the different features of Eventbrite. Eventbrite provides a page for completely new users which includes 30 second tutorial videos that give an overview of an event setup.
You may also contact Eventbrite's 24/7 support team for organizer related questions.
- Phone support: 1-888-414-5119
- Help Center: https://www.eventbrite.com/support
- Help center for completely new users: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/GettingStarted
- Contact us page (phone, email, chat): https://www.eventbrite.com/contact-us
Simple and non-recurring events may be built directly in Eventbrite. Recurring events
and/or those events that have a large volume of information associated with the event
should reside on your corresponding public facing University (.edu) web site and include
a link that will direct the user to the registration path hosted on Eventbrite.
Pepperdine websites are managed through the University's content management system, OU Campus. If you have questions, require training or access, please refer to the Web Training Resources.
This approach is recommended to help improve search results, properly align university branding, offer added opportunities for customization, and simplify the registration process for invitees. Please note that events with a mobile app may require content that syncs with the app to reside within Eventbrite. Please contact Integrated Marketing Communications for further details.
Each event is associated with one Organizer Profile page providing a list of all of that Organizer's events. Each template has been pre-assigned to its corresponding Organizer Profile, it should not be changed and no new organizers should be created.
The following are the event list page urls:
Do not create a new organizer profile or edit the Master Organizer profiles.
Email communication to promote an event are to be sent from the Salesforce Marketing Cloud directing the invitee to the website for further information or directly to the registration within Eventbrite.
All contact records and distribution lists must come from Salesforce and be accessed through the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. No contact records are to be imported directly into Eventbrite. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in termination of the user's access to Eventbrite.
Auto responder emails to registrants will come through Eventbrite per event. Additionally, event creators may email attendees within Eventbrite. The ability to email attendees is currently coupled with the following additional options in Eventbrite: [ ] Send invites, manage contacts & email attendees
- Because of the potential volume of email sends and associated spam concern, we may not send Invites through Eventbrite
- Because of the goal of CRM to unify all constituent records and engagements, we may not Manage Contacts isolated within Eventbrite
The University is aware of the need to email attendees, and are looking at options for event managers to do so. Additionally, we have also requested that Eventbrite decouple these features.
If you require emailing attendees from Eventbrite, Administrators can turn that feature on for you, however you must be aware of the following:
- Must not SEND INVITES
- Must not import and/or MANAGE CONTACTS
Please contact Integrated Marketing Communications if you wish for the email attendees feature to be turned on for your User Account, or if you have any questions on the above.