Technology Services for Graduate Students
Pepperdine offers a wide variety of information technology services for graduate students. Learn how to get started with Pepperdine's computing services, including how to get online and how to access instructional technology services such as Courses (powered by Sakai) and WaveNet.
Information Technology is available at southern California Pepperdine campuses to help graduate students with their technology needs. IT assistance includes:
- Configuration of laptops to access our wireless network
- Instructions on web deposit and how to print at the graduate campuses
- Help with Courses (powered by Sakai), email, and Wavenet
- Resetting your password
- Recommendations on how you can keep your system up-to-date with OS and virus patches
- Best practices for using classroom technologies (projector, Bluray, audio)
Computer Lab Hours and Operations
Hours of operation vary by graduate campus. Refer to each location's graduate campus details.
The IT Service Desk has personnel on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. They can be reached at (310) 506-HELP (x4357).