Employee Name Change Request Procedure


Faculty and staff should follow this process to make an official name change request.

  1. Apply to the Social Security Administration for a name change on your Social Security card.
  2. Show your new Social Security card or application receipt for name change on Social Security card to the Pepperdine Center for Human Resources, located on the first floor of Thornton Administrative Center on the Malibu campus.
  3. Obtain from the Center for Human Resources department the payroll and personnel forms necessary when changing your name. Complete these forms and turn them in to the appropriate (HR or payroll) department.

Please note that only your name and email address will be changed. Network IDs are not changed due to the complex interaction of the ID with University systems.

Tech Central

Phone: 310-506-HELP (4357)

Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year

Technology Service Request Form

Have A Suggestion for IT?

Click to share your suggestion, anonymously if preferred, to improve Pepperdine IT.