Critical Updates for Mac Computers
Click on the Apple symbol in the upper left corner of your screen, then click on System Preferences>Software Updates. Install all software updates.
Microsoft Update Procedure for Windows Computers
Microsoft has released a free service to replace the mechanism it uses to patch Windows computers. The new service, known as Microsoft Update, works with your Automatic Updates setting to install updates for Windows, Office, and other Microsoft applications without a need to manually check for updates.
To install the service:
- Go to http://update.microsoft.com/; and click on the link labeled "Upgrade to Microsoft Update."
- On the "Try Microsoft Update today" page, click the "Start Now" button.
- Review the license agreement information; then click the "Continue" button.
- A yellow bar will pop up under the toolbars. Click on the bar; and choose "Install
- A Security Warning window will open. Make sure the name and publisher are valid; then
click the "Install" button.
- When installation is complete, the following message will be displayed. If there
is a warning that Automatic Updates is turned off, follow the instructions given to
enable it. Otherwise, click the "Check for Updates" button.
- You will be directed to the new Microsoft Update Web site. Choose "Express Install;"
then review and install all recommended updates.