Sunsetting Operating Systems (OS)
End of Support for Operating Systems
According to the Computer and Network Responsible Use Policy, each user's assigned University computing device or personal system attached to our network must be kept up-to-date via security patches. Security patches are one of the most effective ways to secure University data and networks against cyber criminal malware and network attacks.
Supported Operating Systems
|OS Version||End of Security Patches|
|Mac OS 10.13
|Windows 10, version 1903||2020-12-08|
|Windows 10, version 1803||2020-10-11|
|Windows 10, version 1709||2020-10-11|
|Windows 7 Enterprise||2020-01-14|
|Mac OS 10.12||2020-01-01|
|Windows 10, version 1703||2019-10-08|
|Windows 10, version 1607||2019-04-09|
Instructions on Identifying Your OS
- Select the Start button
- Choose Settings
- Click on System
- Select About to see your Windows Operating System.
- From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac.
- You should see the macOS name, such as macOS Mojave, followed by the version number.
- If you need to know the build number as well, click the version number to see it.
To upgrade your computer:
- Contact your local IT support representative, or
- Call 310-506-4357 to schedule a free upgrade
- Schedule your Malibu appointment online here