Implementation of Remote Access 2
This page will soon be moving or changing. Find the most up-to-date information about Pepperdine email on the email homepage.
Users of the Remote Desktop Connection service (found at remoteaccess.pepperdine.edu) have until Friday, July 3, 2015 to migrate any personal files to the new Remote Access server (found at remoteaccess2.pepperdine.edu). Please see below the different changes that come with this new Remote Access 2 server.
- The look and feel will be similar to the old Remote Access.
- Increased Microsoft security.
- Most commonly used programs that are licensed for use by Pepperdine University will be available on the new Remote Access 2 server.
- If you need to add a special program or application to this new server for business purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will no longer able to access servers or your personal workstation through the
new Remote Access 2.
- If you work from home you will need to connect to VPN to access your personal workstation.
- You will need to migrate any personal files either to your own desktop or to the new
Remote Access 2 by Friday, July 3, 2015. Saved personal files will not be migrated over.
- Suggestion: Use your Pepperdine Google Drive to make migrating your personal files from remoteaccess to remoteaccess2 easy. Simply upload your files to your Google Drive and download them to your remoteaccess2 desktop.
The new Remote Access 2 server is available now. Login and begin migrating your personal files to the new server.
Using Remote Desktop Connection enter:
Computer: remoteaccess2.pepperdine.edu and then click Connect.
Then enter the following:
User name: (your NetworkID in the format of "PEPPERDINE\NetworkID")
Password: (your Pepperdine password)
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.