Remote Support Tool at Pepperdine
Remote Support is a tool that Information Technology (IT) staff can use to help students, faculty, and staff with technology requests.
This remote assistance and screen-sharing service gives the community the convenience of receiving technical support from IT support staff across campus networks or across the Internet. This provides technology support that is more timely and efficient for the University.
Remote Support works with current Windows and Mac OS 10 computer operating systems, as well as with Apple iOS and Android smart devices.
How Does the Remote Support Tool Work?
- Log an issue with the Help Desk or Technology Request Form. This tool does not replace the Pepperdine Help Desk. The community will still log a technology request with the Help Desk or the Technology Request Form as usual.
- User initiates session. If the technology issue requires the use of the Remote Support tool, the IT support staff will ask the user if he or she would like to start a remote support session.
- Accessed through http://helpme.pepperdine.edu. To access the Remote Support tool, IT support staff will provide the user with a unique seven digit session key to start a secure one-time session.
- Quick software download. When the session key is entered by the user, the remote support software downloads to the user's computer and sets up the possibility for the support staff to view the user's computer screen. When the user gives permission, support staff can assist the user with their tech issue.
- Quality customer service. Each remote session is logged and recorded to allow IT managers to audit and to ensure quality customer service.
- User ends session. At the end of the session, the user terminates the session and the Remote Support software is uninstalled from their computer.
Two Ways to Log a Technical Issue
- Call the Pepperdine Help Desk at (310) 506-4357 (HELP)
- Fill out the Technology Request Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to learn more about the Remote Support Tool, please visit the frequently asked questions page.
Resources for IT staff
These documents are intended for the use of IT staff only.