All applicants for admission to the full-time Juris Doctor program at Pepperdine University School of Law are eligible to apply for the prestigious Faculty Scholars Award. This award is granted to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence and personal achievement, without regard to financial need. It is recommended that applicants have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.65 and an LSAT score in the 93rd percentile. Full tuition plus a five thousand dollar stipend is awarded for the first year of law school. Each year thereafter, scholarship renewal is contingent upon finishing in the top third of the class.
The Faculty Scholar application must accompany a letter responding to the following:
- What are your strongest qualifications for this award
- Describe your interest in law as a profession
- Describe your two most noteworthy extracurricular activities or honors received in college
- Describe your most significant employment experience
- Describe how any of the above contributes to or identifies with the University mission
For consideration, the Office of Admissions must receive a complete admission file, Faculty Scholar application and letter no later than January 15, 2016.