The LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Legal Society exists to discuss
LGBT-related legal issues and to provide a networking forum for legal employment and
professional development purposes.
It strives to educate and provide support to the School of Law regarding LBGT issues
through its activities such as hosting speakers, workshops and participating in volunteer
ANY School of Law student, faculty member, or guest is welcome.
Los Angeles Resources
- Lesbian and Gay Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Its mission is to provide a strong leadership presence of and for lesbian, gay, bisexual,
and transgendered persons in the legal profession and in the community at large, through
education, legal advocacy, and participation in political and civic activities and
- Orange County Lavender Bar Association
- Its the official association of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allied attorneys,
judges, and law students in Orange County. OCLBA produces a dynamic series of programs
that connect the bar and lay communities in Orange County to advocacy, education,
charity, mentorship, networking, and community building activities that advance LGBT
- National LGBT Bar Association
- The National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Bar Association is a national
association of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals, law students, activists,
and affiliate lesbians, gay, bisexual, transgender legal organizations. The LGBT Bar
promotes justice in and through the legal profession for the LGBT community in all
its diversity. Pepperdine is part of the Southwest Region.
- Lavender Law
- An annual program, Lavendar Law features a full schedule regarding legal employment
information for LGBT individuals. There is also an annual career fair aimed to welcome
the diversity offered by LGBT individuals into the legal field.
- ABA Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Lawyers Portal
- The ABA is committed to promote full and equal participation in the legal profession
by persons of differing sexual orientations and gender identities.
- The Williams Institute
- The Williams Institute advances sexual orientation law and public policy through rigorous,
independent research and scholarship, and disseminates it to judges, legislators,
policymakers, media, and the public. A national think tank at UCLA Law, the Williams
Institute produces high quality research with real-world relevance.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- The mission of the Los Angeles County Bar Association is to meet the professional
needs of Los Angeles lawyers and advance the administration of justice.
- Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center
- The Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center provides a broad array of services for the lesbian,
gay, bisexual and transgender community. Its clinic and on-site pharmacy offers free
and low-cost health, mental health, HIV/AIDS medical care and HIV/STD testing and
- ACLU of Southern California
- The ACLU was founded to defend and secure rights and to extend them to people who
have been excluded from their protection. It accomplishes this by lobbying, public
education, and litigation.
- Lamda Legal
- A well-known national legal organization focused on protecting LGBT rights.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR)
- The National Center for Lesbian Rights is a national legal organization committed
to advancing the civil and human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender
people and their families through litigation, public policy advocacy, and public education.
Pepperdine University Resources