How to Obtain an Exemption from Convocation:
- You must meet one of the Exemption Requirement below ONLY.
- If you meet the requirement, you must request an exemption by filling out the "Exemption Request Form"
- After filling out the "Exemption Request Form" you must bring supporting documents to TCC 104.
- You will get an email confirmation on your exemption for Spring Semester ONLY
- You must reapply every semester if you continue to meet the requirements
- If you are granted an exemption, you will need to write a one-page reflection on your spiritual growth through the semester. This reflection is due to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 19, 2013.
Mandatory Internship that is required for your major ONLY.
- You must be taking an approved course below and bring a printout of your schedule showing you have enrolled in this course.
- You must also have the department chairperson e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (310-506-4503) an official letter explaining that you are currently involved in an internship that is mandatory for your major.
- COMM 595
- BA 595
- SAAJ 324
- NPM 212 / NPM 312
- GSGS 595
- REL 595
- ENG 595
- FILM 324 / FILM 595
- STW 695
- EDUC 571, 581, 572, and 582
- SW 595
- PSYC 595
Distance: Students living OVER 30 MILES ONLY validated by the shortest distance from Pepperdine's campus on Google Maps.
- You must bring a printout of the google maps showing the shortest distance from Pepperine is 30 miles or more. You must also bring proof of your residence through a current (within 60 days) official document (utility bill, phone bill, bank statement) to our office.
Adverse Medical Conditions:
- You must bring documentation signed by a licensed physician for students who miss more than 6 weeks of school due to documented medical reasons.
Students over 30 years of age:
- You must bring your driver's license for proof of birth date. After this, you will not have to reapply for exemption.
Students with Children:
- You must bring a copy of your child's birth certificate. After this, you will not have to reapply for exemption.
Students who have completed 8 semesters of Convocation at Pepperdine (does not include transfer credits):
- You must bring a copy of your unofficial transcript showing that you have completed 8 semesters of convocation at Pepperdine. After this, you will not have to reapply for exemption.
Exceptions for the Exemption Requirement:
Graduate, non-degree seeking, and part-time students (at of the end of the add/drop period) are automatically exempt from Convocation.
PART-TIME STUDENTS: However, if you withdraw to part-time status, you must contact the Convocation department to be exempt by the 5th week of classes, after that you will no longer be allowed an exemption.