Barcelona is one of Europe’s most vibrant, cosmopolitan, and historic cities. It is a diverse and welcoming Mediterranean urban center where the sun warms long stretches of sandy beaches most of the year, surreal Gaudí architecture lines the streets, and tapas are enjoyed al fresco in open plazas. Soccer fans, foodies, history buffs, lovers of art and culture, and those with a passion for language learning will feel at home living and studying there. In addition, Barcelona’s convenient location as a major regional transportation hub allows students to travel all throughout Europe and beyond.
- The Barcelona program is only being offered in fall 2022 and in spring 2023. No further terms will be available for application.
- Non-US passport holders considering application are required to contact the International Programs Office prior to application submission
- Academic Year and Fall 2022 applicants must currently have a valid passport that does not expire until 6 months after the program end date
- Final Deadline for Academic Year 2022-2023 or Fall 2022: noon on April 18
- Priority Deadline for Spring 2023: noon on April 18 (we will accept applications after this deadline and until September
1 unless the program becomes full. Contact IP for additional details)
If you are interested in applying to the Barcelona program, you are welcome to view
the recording of an informational webinar. Please find the recording on the "Program
Specific" section of our recordings page.
- Visa Information for Students
- Do I Need a Visa?
- How Do I Obtain A Visa?
- Academic Year Visa Requirements
- Semester-Only Visa Requirements
- Program-Related Questions
- Admission Questions
- Visa Questions
- Academic Questions
- COVID-19 Policies