London Internship Program
(This program is currently closed to new applications)
The London Internship Program
Students who participate in the London Internship Program have the opportunity to gain valuable international professional experience in London while also completing an additional course for credit. Examples of the types of internships available include a focus on fashion, ministry, service, non-profits, publishing, finance, and more. All majors are encouraged to apply. Students will work with the Malibu Office and the London Staff to find an internship that fits with their area of study and interests.
Students will receive 4 units of elective credit for their internship.
As part of your International Programs Application in WaveNet, you will be directed to the Supplemental Internship Application Form. You will complete this form, and you will be given a code to enter into your International Programs Application before you click "submit."
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the IP Office with a request to schedule an in-person interview (or a virtual interview if you are abroad). You will be asked to send an updated resume and cover letter no later than 24 hours before the interview. If you are not selected, we will also send you an email to let you know that you are not being considered at this time. Submitting an application does not guarantee an interview.
In addition to the normal International Programs application criteria, your acceptance into an internship program will also take the following things into consideration:
- Work and internship experience
- Intercultural experience
- Personal and professional fit of the internships available
May 5th, 2019 - June 29th, 2019
The dates listed above are departure dates from LAX and from the program location back to LAX.
Tuition: $1,685.00 per unit (standard Malibu summer tuition rate)
Room & Board: $4,496.00
Program Specific Costs: Visa - $486.00
Required Vital Documents and Deadlines:
- Due January 8, 2019: Completed Personal Data Form, including Passport Copy
- Due March 15, 2019: Completed Vital Document Submission Form, including completed Health Clearance Form and Flight Itinerary (flight exempt students only)
- Due April 26, 2019: Completed Visa Submission Form, including copy of UK Visa
Interns must attend the London Internship SU19 Preparation & Visa Workshop on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 from 8 AM - 9:30 AM (PLC 147).
If you are a non-U.S. passport holder attending the summer 2019 London Internship, GE or Religion programs, please contact Beverly.email@example.com immediately to understand your visa requirements.
8 unit minimum requirement. Students must take either INTS 492 or ENG 380 in May. Students must be enrolled in both IPIN 495 and IPIN 495L in June.
ENG 380 Topics in Literature: Modern Drama (4)
GE: Literature; Prerequisite: ENG 101 or equivalent
- Examines a given topic in literary studies. The course may be focused on a theme, a movement, a historical period, or a genre. May be repeated once when topics vary.
INTS 492 Special Topics: Religion, Conflict, and Peace in Northern Ireland (4)
- This course provides an introduction to the history and politics of the Northern Ireland conflict and peace process through a blend of academic learning and practical experience involving a study trip to Northern Ireland. The course also sheds light on other seemingly intractable conflicts that are such a feature of our world in the 21st century.
IPIN 495 International Programs' Internship (1)
- A supervised academic internship in a student's area of interest overseas in an international program. Internships may be with a non-profit, government agency, political, religious, educational, business or humanitarian organization. The student is required to maintain a regular schedule of on-duty hours each week and attend the internship seminar. Offered only in International Programs.
IPIN 495L International Programs' Internship II (3)
- Designed to accompany IPIN 495 in cases where a student seeks additional internship units. Offered only in International Programs. To be taken concurrently with IPIN 495. Cr/NC grading only.