How to Post a Job that has been archived in Handshake
Before the transition from Careerspace to Handshake, all departments were asked to provide a job description for any position they hope to post during the academic school year. These job descriptions were then uploaded into Handshake and are currently archived, waiting to be reposted. Please follow the directions below when you are ready to post your position for students to view.
1. Sign in to Handshake at pepperdine.joinhandshake.com
2. On the left-hand navigation toolbar, select Jobs.
3. Using the Search function, or by scrolling through the alphabetized list of Jobs, find the position you are trying to post for students.
Note: Job positions are titled with the hiring department listed first, followed by the role being taken on by the student. Ex. Human Resources Student Intern
4. Once you have selected the job you are trying to post, please select the Edit option for the posting on the right side of the screen.
5. On the first page of the Edit Screen under the Basics tab for the position you are re-posting, please adjust the expiration date to reflect how long you would like the position to be posted.
Note: We suggest posting your position for at least 5 days. Many departments set the posting to expire 2 months from the date the post goes live.
6. Once satisfied with the date selection, please click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
7. Immediately after Saving the Changes, email email@example.com with a quick note sharing your request to change the expiration date so that the position can be posted.
**The Student Employment Office is currently required to go into the system and approve all changes made to Student Employment Jobs and confirm the change in expiration of the position.
8. Once we receive your note, we will immediately enter into the system to approve your posting.
Note: We have already submitted a request to Handshake to remove the need for approval by our office for an extension of your job posting. Handshake has it on their list of changes to be made before the next update which should occur within the next few months.
Thank you so much for your time and patience!
Student Employment Office