Sakai 2.9 Upgrade
- This upgrade works more smoothly with more web browsers, saving you headaches and helping you be more productive with your favorite browser. While we still recommend the Firefox browser, you can also use Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari with confidence.
- Courses gets a nice, fresh coat of paint with this upgrade! General navigation stays familiar, but the service has a sharp, new look. The enhanced interface is also more user-friendly and helps to reduce clicks. For example, use the drop down menu next to a site to jump directly to a tool.
- No more paper sign-up sheets outside of your office door! The new Sign-up tool allows a professor to create appointments so that students can sign up and reserve a spot. Great for office hours, student advising sessions, team meetings, or other events.
- Students can see available time slots and then register with a single click.
This new upgrade also includes a very helpful tutorial. The tutorial will automatically display for all users on their first time accessing the service. Afterward, you can find this tutorial by following these steps:
- Go to http://courses.pepperdine.edu
- Login with your credentials
- Click the profile icon at the top right corner of your screen to see a drop down menu
- At the bottom of the drop down menu, click the 'Tutorial' option
- Now you're ready to get started!
The new upgrade also provides new features and enhancements for instructors. For a more in-depth look at these details, please follow the link here for more information.