Courses Student Guide
Courses (powered by Sakai) is an open-source, learning management system that offers faculty and students a feature-rich, online environment to support teaching and learning. The system includes basic tools such as syllabus, gradebook, and announcements. It also offers more advanced features like live chat, online testing, online assignments, document sharing, and more.
- Use Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox for the best experience
- Use the lateset version of your prefered browser
- Download and install all of the necessary web browser add-ons
Accessing and Navigating Courses
- Log in to Wavenet with your Pepperdine NetworkID
- Under the "Student Services" section, click on "Courses (powered by Sakai)"
2. Log in to Courses directly using your Pepperdine NetworkID
- Click "Pepperdine Login" in the top right
After logging in, you will automatically be taken to the Courses home page. From here you can view any of your currently enrolled or completed class sites.
- Click on one of the course tabs on the top of the page to view more information about the class
- Eg. "BA 355.01 Sp17"
- Use the "More Sites" button to see tabs for every course you have enrolled in
- You can use the "Preferences" tab in "My Workspace" to arrange which tabs will appear at the top of the page
2. Use the Navigation Bar on the left side of the page to see additional resources for the class
- Eg. "Resources"
- If a selected tab is empty, the professor probably has not set up this page
PeopleSoft Log In Error
If you try to log in to Courses and you are redirected to this page:
- Attempt to Log In through this page. It is safe to log in using your Pepperdine NetworkID and password
- Restart browser and open Wavenet again
- Try using a different browser
- Open a "private browsing" window within your browser
- If you are using Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+N to open an Incognito tab