Regardless of how the semester has gone so far, a strong finish is still within your reach. While many students experience anxiety and stress this time of year, there are things everyone can do to help themselves out. Consider the following items and take action!
- Make a to-do list of the things you need to get done in one day. Prioritize those items.
- Only check email at limited times during the day. Don't have it on all day long.
- Avoid other unnecessary distractions (i.e. Facebook). Every two hours, take a one- to five-minute break from your desk. You aren't as productive if you don't let your mind relax from time to time.
- Take a few minutes to relax, breathe deep, and take a short walk around campus.
- Stay away from extra caffeine and energy drinks. Use stretching, walking, running or other exercise as a way of re-invigorating the body and mind.
- Eat healthy. Stay away from sugary snacks that give you a quick high and then have you running on empty for the next few hours.
- Get good rest. Staying away from alcohol and the computer at least an hour before you go to bed will increase your ability to sleep well.
- Take a yoga class with Campus Rec.
- Listen to breathing, meditation and yoga practices online.Relax and take five deep breaths — or more if you need it — and,
- Remind yourself, "It will all be over soon."
Our website has great information on how to manage stress, how to schedule an appointment, and links to other resources as well (for stress management or other concerns). And as always, if you have specific questions or need to talk with a counselor, please call or email our office.
Counseling Center services
The Counseling Center provides free, confidential services for Pepperdine students, including individual, couples and group counseling; walk-in consultations; and psycho-educational outreach programming.
Students come to the Counseling Center for a variety of concerns including homesickness, depression, anxiety, relationship problems, eating concerns, and addictive behaviors. The Center also offers psychological consultation to students, faculty, staff, or parents who are concerned about a student. A caring, licensed professional staff is here to meet your needs.
Learn more about our services by exploring this Web site! If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment, please contact the Center at 310-506-4210.
LOCATION: TCC 270
HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
PHONE: (310) 506-4210
For after hours emergencies, call Public Safety at x4441.